So just to get this out there...I hate poetry and always have. I have never understood it and never have been able to relate with it. When "Poetry" time came in high school English I would just cringe.
However, for this particular period of my life I have developed a new appreciation for it....both reading and writing it. Some of the stuff I have read is able to portray some real honesty about the grossest part of eating disorders. I feel connected with these people and it just helps me to realize I am not alone.
The stuff I write I don't know if it can always be considered 'poetry' because I normally just let my mind wander...sometimes it rhymes and sometimes not....
Show Me
Crash the mirrors
Smash the scales
Show me me
Slash the fake smiles
Peel of the darkness
Show me who I am
Cut off the voices of destruction
End the inner guilt
Show me how to dance
~Me~
January 2009
Grace
Jesus you came and you died on a cross
The world was covered in darkness and it seemed all was lost
But on the third day you conquered the grave
Sin was defeated and my life you did save.
You whisper your love to me.
I run away in disbelief.
How could you love me, who I am, can’t you see?
I run and I hide
The voices they scream
I need a deliverer – It is you who redeem.
Grace is the word that echoes throughout
But over and over I still seem to doubt.
I forget that you cleaned me
Your blood set me free
I try to be perfect, like you want me to be.
But yet again I fail
Again I stumble and fall.
But you say you are with me.
You are over it all.
The storm winds they thunder
My heart seems to doubt
Will there ever be sun again?
…Wait…you reach your hand out.
Hand in hand we walk
Arm in arm we dance
The rain is still falling
But is that a rainbow by chance?
Jesus I love you
I’m sorry for my sin
The battle is just beginning
But with you I will win
Deep cries out to deep
There are friends along the way
Although I run
You always stay.
~Me~
2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment