My giddy mood of yesterday has turned more solemn as not that long ago I found out some incredibly tragic news.
A friend of mine from college passed away suddenly yesterday and I am not even sure why. Something to do with a leadership and development training class in Washington that is through the U.S. military and ROTC program. Honestly I am in state of shock.
I do have to use the term 'friend' loosely...when you go to a small Christian college you know practically everyone and everyone is your friend. Dan and I had the same major and shared several missions classes together. He also was my facebook friend but now I stare at his profile on the screen not knowing what to think or what to feel. I cannot comprehend that this extraordinarily energetic and enthusiastic guy is no longer on this earth. How can that happen? Dan was a couple years younger than me so he would be entering his senior year this year. I think of his friends and family and can't imagine how you would even begin to cope with something like this.
About 2 weeks ago tragedy hit small town Akron as well. A 14 year old named Emily died from a heart attack on the soccer field. I didn't know her personally but my family knows her family. Our community is being great as they encircle the Adamczaks with support...but how do you continue on after losing your 14 year old daughter?
The death and life of Michael Jackson has been all over the news for weeks...but the everyday faces of Dan and Emily I am sure were just as loved and will never be forgotten.
So if you think about it send up some prayers for the families of Dan and Emily
Dancing with the Angels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment