Thursday, July 9, 2009

Green Feet


Ok...so I am way too easily amused. And I now find myself with wayyyy too much time on my hands.

This morning I ran into a 'dilemma'. I wanted to go to my igloo but the grass was still wet with dew. I was wearing flip flops and I hate wet flip flops because it makes them slippery and when they are slippery the chances of me falling are increased greatly.

I stood on the edge of the driveway and the grass for a bit, contemplating how I was going to solve this problem. At this point I realized that the best thing to do was to forget the shoes all together. I am in Akron and the chances of stepping on anything sharp (short of a bumble bee) are slim to none.

So shoeless I went. I forgot though that dad just mowed the lawn so by the time I got to the igloo I had some very green feet.

Much more insightful things happened today but I really don't feel like typing that all out...so instead here are some pics of my akron 'friends'


Emma - who has way too much energy for a cat. She is extraordinarily quick on her feet and loves to taunt the other two cats. However, when they get annoyed and try to fight back she flops over and puts on her infamous, "I'm cute. Please don't hurt me" face. I have now trained her to sit and beg for a kitty treat.


This is Joy. Joy is your typical scardy cat. She will take off running at any noise. However, she is very lovable and part dog-like in that she likes her stomach rubbed and will purr like crazy. She is a few years older than Emma but she pretty much lets Emma walk all over her.

And Kitty. We don't talk about him much...for good reason. He is SCARY. He is 16 years old and completely deaf (and going blind). He can't hear himself meow so when he finally decides to wake up he walks into a room screaming his head off just to make sure we all recognize his presence. He is a scruffy looking animal but even my dad wouldn't dare mess with him. He will bite your hand off. He can put on a sweet and innocent act but the second you do something he doesn't like...rarrrhhhhhh hissss (he doesn't even have claws but can do some major damage).


And the dogs (who aren't really my friends...my dad takes sole responsibility for them and they live outside) Odin and Rylee (Aka Ding and Dong) However, I can't tell them apart...I think Rylee is the one on the ground.


But I think that is it for now. I feel like all I do is sleep and sit on my igloo...what a life. I play with the cats only to realize that although I hate to admit it, I'm allergic to them as well. So by the end of each day day my eyes, ears, and throat are completely and itchy and I sneeze non stop!
(Oh and I am also plotting the death of the rooster but so far that mission has yet to be successful)

No comments:

Post a Comment