Sunday, July 12, 2009

Alive

This is something I have been thinking a lot about since hearing the news that Dan is gone....

It is so quiet here...and so green! Yesterday it rained and thunderstormed all morning and it was still pretty cloudy in the afternoon. It was really humid all day as well. But when evening came I just had a desire to run outside (I can't stay in the house long!). There was a cool and refreshing breeze. The sun was beginning to set. I just ran through the grass. It was not running because I had to but because I could. Feeling my limbs move and the fresh air on my face was like kisses from heaven. And for the first time in awhile, it wasn't like I was running away from something...but running towards something....something that I don't understand, a mystery of sorts - but something beautiful.

In someways it just allowed me to feel very alive. Thinkng of Dan - trying to comprehend that he is no longer on this earth -- I just became confident that he was still very alive too. I am not sure what this looks like when your physical body is gone....but I am sure it is great :)


And today the forecast is --- 75 and sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment