Yesterday Liz, Haley, and I had some quality roommate bonding time. Around 9:00 at night it started down pouring . We decided to go play in the rain. Moments after stepping outside I was sopping wet but it felt amazing to feel the warm rain streaming down my face.
We ran to the playground across the street (which I had secretly been longing to play on since moving in but decided I needed to at least try to make a grownup first impression on the neighborhood...but last night we let the inner child race within us. ) At the playground we had the bright idea to go down the slide. We were soaking wet. The slide was soaking wet. This adds up to us going down a lot faster than we should and landing hard on the cement. That's ok though...scrapes and bruises are all a part of being kids again.
Then we pounced upon the empty swings (the kids fill them up during the day!). There is nothing like swinging in the dark pouring rain with friends. Here I broke my favorite flip flops but that didn't even matter. It just felt great to run and splash through the puddles barefoot.
*sigh* I love those little life moments when you begin to comprehend the simplicity of joy in life :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment