Sunday, November 29, 2009

Wounded

Ok...so this one might be a little darker...but it was inspired by time on my igloo today. (Never in my life would I thought it would be possible to still sit on my igloo when it is almost December in Buffalo...it is beautiful out!)

Wounded

Wounded so deeply, no words can describe,
The pain and the loneliness I'm feeling inside.

Lost and confused, frustrated and scared,
For this part of life I was never prepared.

The girl in the mirror I no longer know
Her eyes looks so tired and her shoulders hang low.

No more dancing and twirling, even smiles are hard.
What does it mean to let down my guard?

Where is the me that wanted to shine?
And who knew You were with me all of the time?

When life was exciting and new adventures were fun,
Now I'm left scarred from a battle that has yet to be won.

The cuts on my arm help numb the pain,
But they are daily reminders of the guilt and the shame.

Stuck in the desert, aimlessly I roam
Thirsting for life, longing for home.

How did this happen? Where did I go wrong?
Please come and find me because I feel so far gone.

To feel Your touch and to know Your grace,
To rest in the safety of Your gentle embrace.

These are my hearts desires and cries
But my brain cannot separate truth from the lies.

I'm so scared to move, so scared to speak
But over and over it is You I still seek.

Day by day I survive and I cope
Waiting for Christmas, waiting for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment